Saturday, June 1, 2013

New Sounds

I've noticed that my 10 month old is extremely interested in music lately. My husband has a guitar but neither one of us know how to play. I have felt many times over the years that I wish I knew how to play an instrument - any instrument - there are just so many wonderful studies demonstrating the importance of music to the human brain.
Anyway, I've been pulling out the guitar lately to let my little one strum around and listen to the sounds she's making. I was shocked and amazed to find that as her tiny fingers plucked the strings, she heard the vibrations and looked INSIDE the guitar's body to find out where the sound was coming from.
This has inspired me to pull it out during the week, and I've found that her little Montessori friends are just as captivated by this new activity.