Monday, January 2, 2012

My Baby Journey (week 6)

Yesterday, on New Year's Day, 2012, my husband & I found out (after two years of trying to conceive) that we're PREGNANT! I will never forget the look on Brett's face when I brought the at-home pregnancy test into the living room with a stunned grin and handed it to him. I thought he'd tip over the coffee table as he lunged toward me, hugging me, both of us beaming with joy. I had felt that I may be pregnant for a few weeks prior, but, even as a birth educator, I explained away the symptoms. One reason I did this is that I wasn't having morning sickness. Rather, it was midnight sickness. It was always after something slightly different for dinner, so I thought, well, it was just something I ate. Looking back over the past month or so, I admit that I'd been a little more emotional and a little more tired than normal (more very typical signs of pregnancy). But, I'd been feeling great otherwise! So, here we are on January 2nd - about to schedule our first prenatal appointment and - WOW - I couldn't have a wider range of emotions!